William Thomas “Paco” Strickland was a WBLA member, avid surfer, and accomplished musician who was heavily involved in our community in many ways. He passed away on January 21, 2013, at age 60 after a valiant 4-year battle with multiple myeloma.
In 2023 the WBLA will award at least one (1) $500 scholarship in Paco’s honor to a member who is actively involved in the club.
2023 application window is closed.
Basic Scholarship Requirements
- Current high school senior, college student, or trade school student
- Current (paid in full) membership in the WBLA
- An active participant in one (1) or more of the WBLA committees and/or WBLA events.
- Complete the application in its entirety.
- List any past and current WBLA Committees, WBLA Events, and Other Surfing Events in which the applicant has been actively involved.
- 2023 application window is closed. Check back in 2024. Questions? email wblasurf [at] gmail [dot] com.