The William “Paco” Strickland scholarship was founded in honor of “Paco” Strickland. He’s love of surfing, people and music exemplify the spirit of the WBLA. This year’s winner of the scholarship was awarded to Dylan Brian Wishart. Dylan is a musician and freshman at Cape Fear Community college studying in the healthcare field. He is an active member of the WBLA and participates and volunteers at club events. His enthusiasm and positive attitude are representative of spirit of surfing
- High school senior or college student
- Current membership in the WBLA
- An active participant in one or many of the WBLA committees or events.
- Complete the attached application in its entirety
- List any past and current committee or events in which you have been actively involved.
- The application must be turned in by August 31, 2016, to one of the WBLA officers or in the WBLA mailbox on August 31.